TCM HealthCheck Service – NonStop Audit/Review
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]TCM’s HealthCheck (TCMHC) service provides NonStop users with a powerful tool to maintain and improve their NonStop environment. TCMHC is a fully customisable audit/review, covering the widest extent of NonStop practice including, but not limited to: Systems Management, Hardware, Performance, Documentation and Succession Planning.
TCMHC produces and in-depth report highlighting key areas for improvement and areas of existing good working practice. All report recommendations are described in readily understandable language for a non-NonStop expert. Furthermore, all of the report’s suggested actions are designed to be implementable by the client, providing the necessary skills and resource are available. Upon request, TCM can be engaged to take on any elements of the implementation.
The aim of the TCMHC is to provide clients with confidence in the management and stability of their NonStop environment. The TCMHC final report provides a roadmap for customers, clearly defining where improvements/alternative practices are needed, and where good practice should be maintained and ingrained. Ultimately, the outcome of the report should influence future planning and strategic decision-making.
The TCM Health Check Process
The TCMHC Focus Area Questionnaire
The TCMHC service begins with a Focus Area Questionnaire (FAQ) filled out by the client. This questionnaire provides a comprehensive list of the NonStop areas that can be assessed as part of TCMHC. The FAQ allows the client to specify the areas they are interested in, thus tailoring the service to their exact requirements, avoiding the waste of time and effort of a ‘one size fits all’ approach.
The following list defines the list of NonStop Assessment Areas:
- Review of system management procedures
- SPR installation & maintenance procedures
- Review upgrade / Install procedures
- Review database & file management
- Review System/Subsystem utilities
- System performance overview
- Review performance monitoring capabilities
- Review the performance database
- Review system load balancing
- Evaluate database performance
- Disc & file subsystem performance
- Hardware configuration optimisation
- Network performance
- Review current capacity planning tool set
- Investigate current system capacity
- Review of future requirement
- Capacity Tools and Processes
- Review current operational procedures
- Review current automation capabilities
- Review the current operations environment
- Review monitoring and event management
- Review application support procedures
- Review application interdependencies
- Review application process balancing
- Review application-specific security
- Review application currency & Maintenance
- Current resourcing plans
- Staff succession plans
- Staff skills analysis
- Training & development plans
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Review disaster recovery policy/procedures
- Review disaster recovery environment
- Replication performance & configuration
- Review disaster recovery readiness
Hardware and Software Maintenance
- Audit of installed hardware/software
- Review hardware configuration
- Review System Software licensing
- Review Hardware/Software Maintenance requirement
Processes / Process Management
- Review Compliance requirements
- Review Incident Management Processes
- Review Problem Management Processes
- Review Change Management Processes
- Review Escalation/Crisis Management
- Review Customer relationship processes Review Configuration and Release Management
- Review security policy/procedures
- Review Guardian/OSS security
- Review Safeguard security
- Review any 3rd party security products
- Network security audit
- Review security monitoring & reporting
- External access review
Plus, any additional, specified requirement.
The TCMHC Proposal
Following the completion of the questionnaire, a member of TCM’s Healthcheck team will liaise with the customer to discuss their requirements. This process allows for further tailoring and adjustments to be made to the resultant audit, as well as providing the customer with more information regarding the nature of the review as well as answer any questions they may have.
When all of the necessary information has been gathered, TCM will provide the customer with a detailed proposal itemising the schedule of the planned areas to be audited and a breakdown of time and cost. The customer therefore knows in advance everything that will go into the audit and a good idea of what they will get out of it.
The TCMHC Assessment and Report
Depending on the scale of the requirement, one or more of TCM’s Healthcheck team will attend the customer site and perform the Healthcheck. They will liaise with existing NonStop staff, management and related departments. TCM’s consultants are NonStop experts, highly skilled in examining and evaluating the technical, managerial and structural state of NonStop environments. This is further enhanced through TCM’s ISO 20,000 IT Service Management accreditation. TCM understands the sensitivity, and security implications of such interactions and ensure privacy and discretion is of paramount concern at all times.
The outcome of the review is a comprehensive report, which provides a summary of the key findings, a roadmap of potential improvements, a register of an identified risks, an emphasis of areas of good working practice and any other notable comments.
Reports will be published only to those specified, with a follow-up meeting arranged to explain the results and discuss the best means to implement any recommendations. It is TCM’s aim to provide the direction for their client’s to complete these tasks, though TCM can be engaged to provide this service if required.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]