The most crucial and critical part of a HPE NonStop migration or upgrade project involves planning. At the same time, the fundamental principles of project management should still apply; these include
- Clear ownership of the project.
- A well-defined scope.
- The use of a project plan.
- Clearly defined milestones.
Planning for a HPE NonStop migration can be confusing and the vast number of variables involved can complicate the project and introduce unacceptable risk.
A critical part of any migration is to plan the upgrade/migration carefully and fully take into account all variables involved in the process.
TCM’s Upgrade and Migration service is backed up by over 20 years of System and Application experience and provides NonStop users with access to a world-class service. Our envied, highly skilled and dedicate team of NonStop experts ensure your mission-critical systems are upgraded/migrated with the least minimum downtime possible.
Over the years, TCM has delivered many any2any HPE NonStop upgrades and migrations for major customers worldwide.
This could be anything from a simple Operating System (OS) upgrade, to a more complex NS to NSX upgrade/migration.
TCM Deliverables :-
- Agree what is in scope.
- Prepare Inventory and Audit content.
- Prepare Architecture Plan.
- Prepare the Migration / Upgrade test plan.
- Migrate / upgrade all content.
- Use best practices to improve the Migration / Upgrade process.
- Perform full compliance against SOX, ITIL, PCI/DSS, SAS070.
- Prepare pre-migration/upgrade checklist.
- Prepare post-migration/Upgrade checklist.
- Perform Migration/Upgrade verification.
- Provide Ongoing support and organisation of content.
- Project manage the end to end delivery.
- Provide Post migration/upgrade support.
- Provide all documentation.
- Provide training of staff (if required).
In 100% of all our cases, we have successfully managed, planned, developed, tested and implemented these migrations successfully with absolute minimal downtime for the customer and end user.